What if I just want to learn to cut hair?
Cosmetology is a theory and hands-on-learning experience. Yes, you will learn about cutting hair, but you will also be required to learn about coloring, perming, chemical hair relaxing, and much, much more. Iowa School of Beauty provides a total educational experience.
What are the educational requirements?
Iowa School of Beauty requires that each student either have a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
Can I enroll online?
We offer a printable form that you can download, print and return. Click here for information
What about financial aid?
Iowa School of Beauty does have financial aid available for those who qualify. Applications are available at all of our locations and our availableonline. Most financial aid programs require 2-4 weeks processing time.
Are there any hidden fees?
No. It is our intention to have all students aware of the cost of their education before they enroll. Our school admission representative will review all costs with each applicant.
When do classes start?
Iowa School of Beauty begins sessions every February, April, June, September and November. Contact the school for the exact dates.
How long is the course?
Our cosmetology program consists of 2100 hours of study. A full-time student attends classes a minimum of 35 hours per week. When regular attendance is followed, the curriculum requirementsof 2100 hours can be fulfilled within 60 weeks.
Do you help with job placement after graduation?
Iowa School of Beauty cannot guarantee job placement, but the Schools do provide assistance in job placement by:
- Posting all job applications of salons that have contacted the Schools for available students seeking employment.
Inviting salon owners/managers to visit the schools to speak to the student body about employment opportunities.
- Provide networking opportunities through guest educators/speakers and hosting a job fair.
- Presenting a series of employment preparation classes including a day of salon visiting .
- Promoting the Mentoring Program.
- Maintaining and excellent reputation for quality Cosmetology education.
- Furnishing, upon request of the student, appropriate information to prospective employers, according to the procedures of the Federal Privacy Act.
Does the school perform services on the general public?
Yes, once a student has completed the basic training curriculum (210 clock hours) and completes the required school assignments, then he/se is allowed to perform services on the general public. At all times, the student will be supervised by a licensed instructor.